Subject: Re: NetBSD/TiVo ?
To: None <tech-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-ports
Date: 01/16/2004 10:04:48
On Jan 16, 2004, at 8:24 AM, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How about NetBSD/TiVo?  I just saw that the Series 2 models are
> available for $150 (after rebate from the TiVo website).  I believe
> it'd
> be a ppc variant -- http://www.tivo.com/linux/ might be helpful.

I've thought about it.  (Series 1 uses IBM PPC4xx, Series 2 uses a MIPS
processor).  But I get around to why?  I use the Tivo for its software
and what about that?  Run it emulation mode after writing all the kernel
drivers and making sure Linux Compat works.  What about the use of XFS
that the Tivo box uses?

To my mind, too much work for too little payback.

--
Matt Thomas                     email: matt@3am-software.com
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/