Subject: pc98 port
To: None <tech-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
List: tech-ports
Date: 01/01/2003 19:01:49
Hello,

[ please Cc: me, I'm not subscribed to this list ]

please, what is the status of pc98 port? I don't even know what pc98 is,
but I'm interested in this because I accidentaly learnt that they
support Future Domain SCSI adapter chip 18C50, which is in my MCA SCSI
card. So it would suffice to write an attachement for this driver to MCA
bus, what (I hope) is simple. But this driver does't exist in
sys/dev/ic, so it is not yet integrated. Are there some plans to
integrate pc98 support, or is it reasonable to merge only this driver? I
don't even know where to find complete sources of netbsd/pc98, as their
home page is in Japanese. Is there some info in some Indo-European
language (preferably French, English or Spanish)?

Thanks	Pavel