Subject: Re: Compaq Integrated SmartArray Controller (need help porting)
To: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-ports
Date: 01/11/2002 19:52:35
On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 11:50:12AM -0600, John Maier wrote:
> I have a Compaq Proliant DL360 (the thin rack mount units) and it has an "Integrated
> SmartArray Controller" that I have setup the two drives in mirror mode.
>
> I put the NetBSD 1.5.2 CD in...and I get:
> vendor 0x1000 product 0x0010 (RAID mass storage, revision 0x02 @ cpi0 dev 1 fuction 0) not
> configured
>
> I would love to take this chance to see if I can add this to the cac driver myself but I
> need some help.
>
> I'm looking for someone to do this for me...I want to use this as a learning
> experience...but tips would be nice...

1.5.3_ALPHA should support it. there's no binary available yet, but if you get
sources (ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-release-1-5/, get
all the sets) you should be able to rebuild binaries and boot floppy
(make release in the top directory, after setting DESTDIR and RELEASEDIR
env variables).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>