Subject: Re: Changes to crunchgen
To: Jason R Thorpe <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: tech-ports
Date: 10/03/2001 20:57:14
On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Jason R Thorpe wrote:

:  > I'll need to coordinate with you on this, as the new toolchain will
:  > eventually use *only* bfd-{crunchide,mdsetimage} in the build, coming from
:  > src/tools.  At that point, the `native' versions of these will be
:  > disabled/redundant.
: crunchgen != crunchhide.

Eek, mental slip; I even typed out the right one!  ("James, ignore me.")

: Anyway, we should shoot crunchhide in the head, instead using a feature
: present in new objcopy versions (symbol renaming).

I'll add this to the further-developments to do list.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --