Subject: Re: cpu_fork() initial SPL / NTP stability.
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: tech-ports
Date: 04/10/2001 22:11:16
On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 08:39:56PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 07:51:51PM -0400, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> > It appears that several other ports have this same bug.  (I'm testing
> > a fix for the alpha at the moment). i386 appears to not have the
> > problem.
> >
> > Portmasters should investigate and verify that newly-forked kernel
> > threads run with low IPL.
>
> Did somebody check the m68k implementation(s) already?

It looks like the atari implementation does not do this correctly for kernel
threads since they will never reach the call to 'rei' in proc_trampoline
that does the spl0(). So I think we should add:
		movw    #PSL_LOWIPL,%sr
to the start of proc_trampoline. The amiga should do this too and I suspect
the rest of the m68k ports also.

It would be nice if someone else can check this conclusion.

Leo.