Subject: Considering port to new processor
To: None <tech-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Justin Wojdacki <justin.wojdacki.chiplogic.com@analog.com>
List: tech-ports
Date: 03/28/2001 17:05:28
Apologies if the answer to this is buried in list archives somewhere,
I couldn't find a good archives search interface. (Although I may have
dumbly overlooked one).

Anyways, I'm considering porting NetBSD to the Lexra 41xx family of
processors . They are pseudo-MIPS processors targetted at embedded
systems
and system-on-a-chip platforms. Perhaps the most significant deviation
(besides some instruction set issues) is that these processors have
very simple MMUs (Single Address Space, User/Kernel mode,
Cacheable/Uncacheable, not much else). I'm in the process of reading
over some porting documents
I found online, but could someone on this list give me an idea of the
kinds
of issues I need to be aware of before starting this project?

Justin Wojdacki
justin@chiplogic.com               (408) 350-5032
Communications Processors Group -- Analog Devices