Subject: RE: Split or don't split arm32?
To: 'Matt Thomas' <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Unice, Kyle <kyle.unice@intel.com>
List: tech-ports
Date: 12/20/2000 07:32:04
How about a branch for xscale?
Kyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Thomas [mailto:matt@3am-software.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 10:19 PM
To: port-arm32@netbsd.org; tech-ports@netbsd.org
Subject: Split or don't split arm32?

At one point in time, it was discussed that the arm32 port
should be split into 3 separate ports: dnard (shark), cats,
and riscpc (acorn?).

This would the common arm32 code and headers in arch/arm32
but move the "port" specific to their respective directives.

The reason I'm asking is another arm32 based will be coming
to the repository soon and I'd like to do any split before
I committing for it (or figure out how to glue it into arm32).

For those that care, this will be a hpcarm32 port for arm32
based handhelds like the Compaq iPaq.