Subject: Re: Suggestions Wanted
To: None <tech-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: tech-ports
Date: 08/15/2000 23:18:53
--foM9DbudB2CcldhH

On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 02:10:01PM -0400, Pete Kazmier wrote:

> I'm writing because I want to port NetBSD to something.  This is going
> to be a learning experience for me.  I was hoping that someone on this
> list might be able to provide some suggestions. =20

Hm... This isn't completely new, but it's something that might be of
manageable size, and it's something a lot of people want. It also fits
your criteria of being reasonably inexpensive.

How about getting NetBSD to run on older NuBus-based PowerMacs? You'd
get the benefit of having PowerPC machines already supported, but you'd
have the challenge of supporting a whole bus type.

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#nubus

There are a lot of these machines out there, so if you got NetBSD to
support them, there'd be a very large number of people using your code.
(I'd go out and get a 6100 or something like it if it were supported.)

--=20
   Mason Loring Bliss   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us             E w i g e
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  Meerschweinchenkraft

--foM9DbudB2CcldhH