Subject: Re: Which preboot-loader?
To: None <tech-ports@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: tech-ports
Date: 04/20/1996 07:27:13
> NetBSD has a number of kernel loaders (the program that gets loaded
> by the firmware and in turn will locate and load a kernel proper).
> Of the choice available, any one care to make an informed decision on
> which one best represents what the loader should look like?

I'm not sure the question even makes sense, since in many cases the
loader is constrained by port-specific issues.  For example, in at
least a couple of cases (mac68k and amiga, I think), you have to boot
the native OS and then run the bootloader under that.

Or is that irrelevant to the question you wanted to ask?  Then I'm
afraid I don't understand it....

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu