Subject: FYI Success, crosscompilation ppc->m68k
To: None <tech-ports@NetBSD.ORG, port-m68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: tech-ports
Date: 09/17/1995 02:56:59
I just wanted to tell I have built a toolchain AIX/ppc->NetBSD/m68k
which works for building static binaries.  As these are both
big-endian systems, I don't know if there are problem going from i386,
but I don't think there are such.  This is all based on non-released
FSF/Cygnus tools.  I'll try to get my stuff in for their next
respective releases...  With this cross-compile I built a native
compiler for NetBSD/m68k on the PPC, and this native compiler worked
well enough to compile reload.c from GCC as a test-case, now I'm so
sleepy I cannot do anymore tests... Night!

Work to do: linking dynamically, tweak the NetBSD tree to allow it be
compiled by a cross-compiler, test other NetBSD ports as targets.
Volunteers?

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden