Subject: Re: NetBSD and GNU binutils
To: J.T. Conklin <jtc@cygnus.com>
From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@highland.com.au>
List: tech-ports
Date: 10/30/1994 13:19:12
Excerpts from mail: 28-Oct-94 NetBSD and GNU binutils "J.T.
Conklin"@cygnus.co (970)

> For example, I had converted everything to use filenames of the form
> <arch/cpu>nbsd.c, where Andrew used nbsd-<arch/cpu>.c.  I've decided to
> keep the <arch/cpu>nbsd.c convention (primarily because it is consistant
> with all the other supported a.out targets).

This must be one of those `east coast' vs `west coast' things ....

	east$ echo My OS supports `ls bfd/elf32* | wc -l` PLATFORMs.
	west$ echo My PLATFORM supports `ls bfd/i386* | wc -l` OSs.

								:-^ :-^

More seriously, are the key changes I've put forward to
libaout.h/aoutx.h/aout-target.h being integrated?  Things like:

	o	fix-{incomming/outgoing}-header
	o	extended relocation call back and predicate
	o	callback to confirm arch/machine support for new objects
	o	generic aout-target.h so can create multiple backends
	o	aout-target.h allows more general BFD_AND_EXEC_OK over
		MACHTYPE_OK.

								Andrew