Subject: Please Look at NetBSD patches for Binutils-2.5 ...
To: None <tech-ports@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@highland.com.au>
List: tech-ports
Date: 10/25/1994 10:05:18
Hello,

My suggested changes to binutils-2.5 to support NetBSD are on:

	ftp.ci.com.au:pub/clayton/binutils-2.5+nbsd-0.00.tar.gz
	ftp.ci.com.au:pub/clayton/README.binutils

At present I've packed up entire replacement files (rather than
patches).  A ChangeLog describing the reason behind each change will
follow.  Initially you will want to look at the files:

	bfd/nbsd.h
	bfd/nbsd-i386.c

The motivation behind these changes was to simplify the process of
integrating support for new NetBSD targets.

Could people wanting binutils to support architectures in addition to
the i386 please have a look at the changes I've made.  If at all
possible could you please extend them to include their own architecture.
 For MIPS I've included an almost equivalent (but hardly tested)
example.  I don't envy any one looking at the SPARC or ns32k.

Please post any comments or changes to either the core nbsd files and
the i386 implementation.

As a final note, there is apparently a _hard_ deadline of this weekend
(?) for getting binutils changes in for the next release.

			Andrew (three months slip in 3 months) Cagney

--

Thanks to Richard Perini @ Corinthian Engineering for making this ftp
site available