tech-pkg archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: x11/xrdb: pkgsrc configures wrong path to cpp



> Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2026 15:45:44 +0200
> From: Thomas Klausner <wiz%gatalith.at@localhost>
> 
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 09:38:12AM +0100, Chuck Cranor wrote:
> >     I just built xrdb from the latest pkgsrc last night and noticed
> > that the configuration wrappers are embedded a bad path to the C
> > pre-processor in the binary (this is on NetBSD/arm64, if it matters).
> > This breaks running xrdb on .Xdefault files that expect to be
> > run through the pre-processor.
> 
> I've just fixed this, by passing meson the path to the cpp binary.

I'm a little surprised that this uses cpp and not tradcpp.  Is that
intentional?  I was under the impression most X stuff needed tradcpp
for things like this.

I also wonder whether this needs to be split for native vs cross
builds: does it _only_ bake the path into the executable, or does it
_also_ use it at build-time?  See devel/imake for an example that does
both.


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index