tech-pkg archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

findlib: build-time or run-time dep?



At the risk of asking y'all when I'm the one who understands ocaml the
best -- but I really hope that's not true!

ocaml packages that use dune bl3 on findlib, even though it's a tool,
and there's some bl3 targets to set it up for use.  I don't want to
fight that.

Because of bl3, findlib ends up being a runtime (full) dependency.
While people that want to use findlib to find the installed libs need
it, that's their issue, and I don't think it's needed.

Thus, I'd like to make findlib a build-time dep only.

(Obviously after the freeze.)


Index: lang/ocaml/ocaml.mk
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/pkgsrc/lang/ocaml/ocaml.mk,v
retrieving revision 1.4
diff -u -p -r1.4 ocaml.mk
--- lang/ocaml/ocaml.mk	2 Feb 2026 19:36:35 -0000	1.4
+++ lang/ocaml/ocaml.mk	20 Sep 2026 18:47:16 -0000
@@ -153,10 +153,11 @@ PRINT_PLIST_AWK+=	{ gsub(/${OCAML_SITELI
 			print; next; }
 
 .if ${OCAML_USE_FINDLIB} == "yes"
+BUILDLINK_DEPMETHOD.ocaml-findlib=	build
 .include "../../devel/ocaml-findlib/buildlink3.mk"
 INSTALLATION_DIRS+=	${OCAML_SITELIBDIR}
 OCAML_FINDLIB_DIRS?=	${PKGBASE:S/^ocaml-//}
-OCAML_FINDLIB_REGISTER?=	yes
+OCAML_FINDLIB_REGISTER?=		yes
 .endif
 
 #



Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index