Re: the problem of rust :-(

> On Jun 6, 2024, at 7:39 AM, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> Brad Spencer <brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost> writes:
>
>> It may very well be the case that the 32 bit and 64 bit systems are
>> entering a phase simular to the 16 bit -> 32 bit transition.
>
> I think "entering a phase" is fair.  The claim made by rust, however, is
> that the transition is complete.

It’s absurd on its face.  Is Rust just giving up on the embedded / microcontroller space?  Maybe they never cared about it in the first place, but if true it seems to greatly reduce their viability, in my mind, as a serious language.

Then again, I always thought Rust was a solution in search of a problem.

-- thorpej