Re: librsvg

Havard Eidnes <he%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

>> On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 08:26:51AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>> That seems ok, by my fuzzy understanding.  And it's clear that if there
>>> is a platform where rust is trouble we can edit that easily.
>>
>> Thanks, I've just committed it. Let's see what happens :)
>
> There are issues with rust on both 32-bit and 64-bit arm in
> versions of rust not yet committed to main pkgsrc.  Rust 1.77 and
> 1.78 exist in wip and fails to build / work for both of those.
> Ref. the earlier posting about "rust - volunteers sought..."
>
> Just saying the list of rust-supporting NetBSD CPUs may need to
> be edited...

It may be, but I would say that would happen after the branch if we
propose to give up and import them anyway.  It's after the 6/1 date for
updating rust, and I don't want to pull the rug out from under people
this close to the branch.

<flamebait>I do think it would be good to point out in the release notes that any
program written in rust is unreliable.</>