Re: So many icewms

On Sat, May 18, 2024 at 1:47 PM Kevin Bloom <ktnb%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> We have icwm, icewm13, icewm14, icewm17 (wip), and now icewm3 (wip).
> Is there are reason for this?

With the help of some MirBSD peeps, I think I remember now why there
are so many icewm versions.

1.2.37 (or maybe the 1.2.38 beta that we have) was the last version
released by the original IceWM upstream. The 1.3, 1.4 and 1.7 versions
were provided by various folks "competing" to become the official
mainline development.

Personally, I think the time when people needed to care about these
intricacies is over, and we should just have icewm 3 as wm/icewm. I
think this is what you were suggesting.

--
Benny