Re: Whither USE_CMAKE?

On Fri, May 24, 2024 at 11:17:38AM +1200, Mark Davies wrote:
 > > Should I continue adding to both, or shall we use it as a gentle
 > > prodding stick for the remaining packages to be migrated over to
 > > build.mk?
 >
 > I would go with the gentle prod approach and only add it to build.mk

If you do that, please make it so it fails overtly the other way,
instead of silently not working (which is probably what would
otherwise happen by default) ... because it's possible for people to
waste a lot of time trying to figure out things like that if they step
on it by accident.

:-|

(while you're at it, maybe stick in an unconditional warning that the
package ought to be migrated to build.mk? I'm not surprised this moves
slowly, given that I doubt anyone enjoys tangling with cmake, but
maintaining two sets of infrastructure isn't a reasonable expense.)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost