Re: make mdi: shell limit exceeded

Am 13.05.2024 um 00:09 schrieb Thomas Klausner:
> On Sun, May 12, 2024 at 11:09:03PM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
>> More than a megabyte is a whole lot for a distinfo file. Maybe we need
>> to add another option to mk/checksum/distinfo.awk that accepts the
>> filenames not on the command line but reads them from a separate file.
>
> I came up with the attached diff.  I think the awk part is ok but the
> make part could do with improvements - suggestions?

At first sight, running a separate 'echo' in a separate shell for each
file looked inefficient to me, but that's needed to prevent long command
lines. Maybe there's a more efficient way to do it, but yours is the
cleanest and easiest to understand.

I thought about using the -I option only for large lists, but that would
complicate the code too much.

Looks good to me.

Roland