Re: print-PLIST and options

Aleksey Cheusov <vle%gmx.net@localhost> writes:

> This is exactly my goal -- to persuade the developers to add "nls"
> support. Step-by-step as soon as they updates packages (or create a new
> one) with the help of ready for use PLIST (better than nothing).

<individual hat>

my quick reaction is

  I don't think it is ok to get people to add an nls option, that you
  want, and they might not want to spend effort on, by making it harder
  if they don't.  This basic approach to working with each other is
  something we should not do.

  It seems there has been a large-scale change to optionize nls, and I
  don't think we had a discussion about if that was a good thing to do.
  I'm unclear on the goals of this, and what's gained, in a world where
  i18n is normal, compared to the complexity of everybody dealing with
  more options.

so I am for now against.

</>