Re: Yacc Shaving, or, Latest macOS CLT Laccs Something

At 7 Mar 2024 21:20:16 -0500, "Amitai Schleier" <schmonz%schmonz.com@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Yacc Shaving, or, Latest macOS CLT Laccs Something

> On my up-to-date Sonoma systems, I
> accepted the recent update to the Command
> Line Tools. Now I'm seeing textproc/groff
> fail like so:
>
>       YACC     src/preproc/eqn/eqn.cpp
>     xcode-select: Failed to locate 'yacc',
> requesting installation of command line
> developer tools.
>     gmake[1]: *** [Makefile:8114: src/preproc/eqn/eqn.cpp] Error 72
>     gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> '/private/var/tmp/pkgsrc/obj/textproc/groff/work.magnetic-babysitter/groff-1.22.4'
>     gmake: *** [Makefile:5600: all] Error 2

I did the license confirmation dance for the command-line tools right
after upgrading Xcode and I seem to have a functioning Bison:

18:51 [10] $ xcodebuild -version
Xcode 15.3
Build version 15E204a
18:51 [11] $ sw_vers
ProductName:            macOS
ProductVersion:         14.3
BuildVersion:           23D56
18:51 [12] $ yacc --version
bison (GNU Bison) 2.3
Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>