Re: bin/57820: devel/rcs fails on 10.0_RC2 works on 9.3

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 11:07 PM RVP <rvp%sdf.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jan 2024, George Georgalis wrote:
>
> > nb10rc2$ cd /usr/pkg/pkgsrc-release/devel/rcs/ && make clean
> > clean-depends package
> > {exact same error}
> > I'm using pkgsrc to enable an app to run on Darwin/Linux/NetBSD, for
> > consistency and simplicity I'm using the same scripts (copy/paste from
> > a narrative) to bootstrap pkgsrc on each platform and install the base
> > packages (dependencies). While bootstrapping is not necessary on
> > NetBSD I'm doing it to align the setup across the different OS.
> > -George
> >

> Can retry after pointing the workdir to a local disk? Keep only
> the source tree in NFS. This is the standard method for multi-OS builds.

I eliminated NFS for the build tests in the report a few hours ago.
LOCALBASE and source are all on local disk (/usr/pkg/...),

only the base make vs bmake observation required nfs to demonstrate,
the /nfs-pkg/...10rc2usr directory is a cp of /usr/pkg/pkgsrc-release

/nfs-pkg/pkgsrc-release
/nfs-pkg/pkgsrc-release-10rc2usr
/usr/pkg/pkg-2023Q4-NetBSD_10.0_RC2_amd64
/usr/pkg/pkgsrc-release

NFS has only made a difference for the base make observation,
not any building issues.

-G

--
George Georgalis, (415) 894-2710, http://www.galis.org/