Re: NetBSD # actual cores

> Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 08:22:13 -0600
> From: Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost>
>
> On 1/4/24 23:27, Robert Elz wrote:
> > If we are going to implement something like this, do it in a
> > general way which supports current, and likely future, systems.
> > Not a hack which just seems like it might work.
>
> Yes, we can, for the purpose of py-joblib and many other scenarios.

How about we just make py-joblib return 1, always?

We already have a system of command-line arguments like `make -j42'
and make/environment variables like MAKE_JOBS=42 to configure how many
jobs a program should try to use.  It's better for programs to respect
that than to rummage around and try to find extra CPU resources
they're not supposed to be using -- maybe it's better to discourage
those shenanigans.