Re: hotfix for py-scipy (Re: Stumped on pytest issue)

Am Wed, 27 Dec 2023 08:37:08 -0600
schrieb Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost>:

> "Seems" does not fill me with confidence.  ;-)  Maybe leave the cblas
> linkage in as well, and add a comment that it's probably not be needed?
> We can test that hypothesis thoroughly after the branch.

I checked scipy detection code … it has a special case for blas=blas
and sets cblas=cblas then. When we set blas=cblas, this results in
blas=cblas and cblas=cblas, or something like that … and direct libblas
usage is broken.

So the hotfix is to request C api, but have it use libcblas implicitly.
This only works as long as we only have netlib with separate CBLAS lib.
For openblas variants, it does not matter.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Orgis