Re: un-self-conficting python packages for non-default python

"Dr. Thomas Orgis" <thomas.orgis%uni-hamburg.de@localhost> writes:

> I checked the dependencies that don't pull in rust. Everything python
> has no issue, but graphics/py-contourpy uses meson which falls back to
> the config script, hence I have the buildlink3.mk provide the symlink
> to it. With that it builds just fine. The name of the config script is
> not that easily changeable, as it is hardcoded in meson (in its
> site-packages).

Given your testing, this seems ok, but please wait until 24h from the
note to tech-pkg to give people who understand this better than I do to
explain why it won't work right :-)

I gather that ALTERNATIVES is there for other users and that depending
packages build even if pkg_alternatives is not installed?  That seems
necessary.

  +	${MV} pybind11-config pybind11-config-${PYVERSSUFFIX} || ${TRUE}

Why is that || true?  Shouldn't it fail if it fails?