Re: Two macOS fixes

On 12/21/23 19:24, John Klos wrote:

Also, I noticed that multimedia/ffmpeg6 has
"LDFLAGS.Darwin+=-Wl,-ld_classic", but ffmpeg6 won't compile with this
("ld: library not found for -ld_classic"). Was this perhaps needed for
older versions of macOS?

Thanks,
John

ld-classic is needed for NEWER Xcode in some builds.  The new Apple ld
breaks compatibility, so Xcode includes ld-classic which supports the
old UI.

https://www.scivision.dev/xcode-ld_classic/

ffmpeg6 won't build without -ld_classic on my M1.

We'll need to check the Xcode version in addition to the platform for
this one.