Re: Updating editors/helix to 23.05

Hi,

thanks. Didn't mean to post and run, but have limited access to my
NetBSD machine at the moment.

On 24-Oct-2023 19:47:12, Greg Troxel wrote:

You may wish to consider staging an update in pkgsrc-wip.

Good idea.

 If the package build is running git and using the network, that's a
 bug.  Fetches should only happen during the fetch stage.

Ah, ok. I'll see if there is anyway I can keep the existing Makefile
behaviour. It might not actually be possible thanks to upstream
changes, but I will try to actually verify that.

Generally on update, we try to apply patches, resolve conflicts, and if
they don't figure out what happened.  If the patch is to code upstream
deleted, fine.  But it doesn't sound like you assessed that.
[...]
I really don't know, but it sounds like  things are not  really set up
reasonably upstream, which makes this challenging.

I assessed it very "lightly", but didn't mention that. I will try to
do a proper verification and either include that verification in a
reply here or in a WIP package if I move there.

Ideally I would like to get Helix updated properly as I use Pkgsrc
binaries on NetBSD and macOS. I do have limited access to my NetBSD
machine at the moment though so it could be weeks until I make any
further updates on this.