Re: Overhauling gcc.mk

* On 2023-10-24 at 08:47 BST, Jonathan Perkin wrote:

* On 2023-10-24 at 04:28 BST, David H. Gutteridge wrote:

I did wonder if ultimately we want to move other OS-specific fragments
into their platform file, too, e.g.:
https://github.com/TritonDataCenter/pkgsrc/blob/5a6b106903f2a7925062130280a705dde2b8ee94/mk/compiler/gcc-reqd.mk#L276

Yeh I'd like to do that too, I just need to figure out a way that it can be indicated appropriately, as mk/platform won't have access to the _NEED_* settings to override them. Some sort of list of GCC_TOXIC pattern matches and then enhance gcc-reqd.mk to handle them.

Actually, thinking it through, it doesn't need anything like that, I've done it with this instead:

  https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc/commit/d3dd470d5a914c362771e159f723c86c77118a63

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com