Re: py-scipy and py-pandas with python[39-310]

Paolo Vincenzo Olivo <vins%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> I see math/py[39-310]-pandas and math/py[39-310]-scipy failing on all
> NetBSD bulk builds for pkgsrc-trunk.

Does this mean that for 311 (default) it's ok?  To me that is the most
important thing, but it of course should work elsewhere.

> Looking at the build log, it seems that meson fails to find
> devel/py-cython even if it's pulled as TOOL dependency. Apparently meson
> only looks for binaries named `cython' and `cython-3.11' (probably
> reflecting PYTHON_VERSION_DEFAULT ?).
> devel/py-cython will install bin/cython-${PYVERSSUFFIX}, so the build
> should be adjusted to look for the correct binary depending on the
> python version in use.

It strikes me that meson should be told what the python version is and
handle multiple versions, but perhaps the linux world does not allow
multiple versions and thus people don't bother to make that work.   It
sounds like you are suggesting that we patch in python-version-aware
support and that makes sense to me.