Re: USE_LANGUAGES and wrappers

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost> writes:

> ...with the former group, aka not pissing off users on modern systems.
> This is not fictive either, I know at least one library that behaves
> noticable different when build for C++03 and C++11.

It seems you are unwilling to name it, and also unwillingto explain
which mode use to build it before the recent changes, and how it should
be set up in terms of USE_LANGUAGES/USE_CXX_FEATURES.

My take is that for such a library, we need to decide which standard the
library is for, and to control the build accordingly one way or the
other.  Thus this odd choice of varying the behavior is of no
consequence to pkgsrc.  Or perhaps we need to build it twice.  But I
have no memory of this ever coming up as a real issue.