Re: tigervnc fails because of libXfont2

On Fri, 14 Apr 2023 at 22:24, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2023 at 16:40, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > Digging some more, there is another possible issue:
> >
> >   BUILTIN_PKG being set to libXfont2 vs Xfont2
> >
> > It would be good for someone who really understands builtin processing
> > to have a look at this.
>
> Could I put in a supporting call for someone who understands builtin
> processing to maybe look at this? tigervnc is probably the only
> reliably vnc client on NetBSD for a number of use cases (connecting to
> a macOS box being one), and not being able to build it is a real
> deficit....

Pending someone who understands builtin.mk I've added a workaround
(hack) to just skip the libXfont2 buildlink3.mk inclusion on non
modular NetBSD, which allows tigervnc to build (plus updated it to the
latest version). The Makefile indicates its a hack and that someone
with builtin.mk fu is wanted for a better solution

David