Re: new package: devel/acl

On  Sat, 8 Apr 2023 at 23:25:36 +0200, Alexander Schreiber wrote:
Hi,

someone (you know who you are) complained that filesystems/glusterfs
doesn't build on Linux. Fair point, so I'll fix that.

On the way to that, I'm working my way through the dependencies of
filesystems/glusterfs on Linux, which looks like it is going to mean
about 3 new packages of basically Linux-only stuff.

The first is devel/acl - tools to manipulate POSIX ACLs as well as
library/headers to write other programs to do so. Hard build dependency
for filesystems/glusterfs on Linux.

Package was built & tested on Linux amd64, included binaries work,
and glusterfs builds against. This will _not_ build on NetBSD due to
too many "All the world is Linux" assumptions (and has been marked
so in the Makefile).

This was built on linux-acl (and renamed) which was abandoned in 2006,
so I fixed the naming, updated to the last upstream version and tested it.

Comitted to pkgsrc-wip, also patch attached.
[...]

I've imported this to pkgsrc (with some very minor adjustments, e.g.,
the path to the package in buildlink3.mk was "devel", but the
category was "sysutils", which I went with).

Thanks,

Dave