geography/gdal-lib package + gcc12

Has anyone compiled the geography/gdal-lib package with gcc12?

I am running into a problem which is related to using the compiler flag -I/usr/include/include with gcc12, which fails because the directory does not exist.  Apparently, the error can be silenced with the -Wmissing-include-dirs option.  I’m guessing all of this is a new level of stringency imposed by gcc12, but I have found nothing relating to that in my searches.

There is an obvious fix for the package that I will commit sometime soon, but since the CONFIGURE_ARGS option that triggers this has been in Makefile.common since the beginning of the package, I would like to confirm that this is a change of gcc behavior and not something silly on my end.

Cheers,
Brook