Missing runtime dependency for gnome-characters?

Hey folks,

I don't run a Gnome desktop, but use some apps from that sometimes,
e.g. gnome-calculator works fine under Xfce4.

I have been asked to test something in gnome-characters and so installed
it from pkgsrc:

Information for gnome-characters-3.34.0nb6:

Comment:
Utility application to find and insert unusual characters

Requires:
glib2>=2.70.2
hicolor-icon-theme>=0.9nb1
gjs>=1.68.4nb3
libunistring>=1.1
gtk3+>=3.24.34nb2

but it does  not run:

 > gnome-characters

(org.gnome.Characters:2534): Gjs-CRITICAL **: 10:26:25.327: JS ERROR: Error: Requiring GnomeDesktop, version none: Typelib file for namespace 'GnomeDesktop' (any version) not found
@resource:///org/gnome/Characters/js/categoryList.js:20:48
@resource:///org/gnome/Characters/js/window.js:30:22
@resource:///org/gnome/Characters/js/main.js:38:16
@/usr/pkg/bin/gnome-characters:6:1

(org.gnome.Characters:2534): Gjs-CRITICAL **: 10:26:25.329: Script /usr/pkg/bin/gnome-characters threw an exception

... so it seems there needs to be a bit more of Gnome installed at runtime
for this pkg. Any hints what that would be or how we could properly express
this dependency in pkgsrc?

Martin