Re: Switching default Go version to 1.19

On Mon, 5 Sep 2022 17:12:59 +0200
Benny Siegert <bsiegert%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I would like to switch the default Go version to 1.19 before the next
> branch. I will do a bulk build with the change and proactively repair
> any observed breakage. Is that okay, or should I wait until after
> 2022Q3?

I switched already locally and found this issue which needs to be remedied first:

# github.com/syncthing/syncthing/vendor/github.com/lucas-clemente/quic-go/internal/qtls
vendor/github.com/lucas-clemente/quic-go/internal/qtls/go119.go:6:13: cannot use "The version of quic-go you're using can't be built on Go 1.19 yet. For more details, please see https://github.com/lucas-clemente/quic-go/wiki/quic-go-and-Go-versions."; (untyped string constant "The version of quic-go you're using can't be built on Go 1.19 yet. F...) as int value in variable declaration