libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration

Hi!

After the libtool upgrade to 2.4.7, I have been getting a report about
new

libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration

errors on CentOS. For me, those have always appeared to be random, but
I guess they are not.

I applied the patches to our libtool package per instructions, and
while doing that, I didn't see anything that should affect Linux in
particular.

Does anyone know where in libtool these might originate or what could
have been broken in libtool to cause these now, and not before?
 Thomas

E.g. https://us-central.manta.mnx.io/pkgsrc/public/reports/Linux/el7/trunk/x86_64/20220727.0822/libtheora-1.1.1nb2/build.log