Re: Qt6

On Tue, 05 Jul 2022 19:16:10 +0000
pin <voidpin%protonmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Almost one year ago, I posted here requesting the merge of Qt6.
> Qt6 has been kept, more or less up-to-date in wip, thanks to nros@
>
> I don't know if the issues with building on MacOS, that were an issue
> then, are still an issue today, I don't own any apple hardware to
> test. But, today I came across the first package that no longer
> builds with Qt5, the number should just grow in the coming months.
>
> Can we import Qt6 into the main branch now and try to fix potential
> issues along the way? I think this is better than lagging behind and
> have a lot of catch-up to do later.
>
> Thoughts? Arguments?
>
> Regards,
> pin
>
> Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

I have update Qt6 to version 6.3.1 but there is still a problem on
NetBSD. When runnning Qt6 programs that use threads the message below
comes up when shutting the program down.

assertion "pthread__tsd_destructors[key] != NULL" failed: file
"/usr/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_tsd.c", line 177, function
"pthread__add_specific" Abort (core dumped)

To get this message run assistant from qt6-qttools package and close it.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Or is it an error in the thread
implementation of NetBSD?

Regards,
Niclas