python package naming when upstream is inconsistent

I just packaged

  https://pypi.org/project/collections-extended/

which provides a python module

  collections_extended

and I named the package

  py-collections_extended

assuming that the PKGNAME should match the module name.  However, the
DISTNAME and PKGNAME are py-collections-extended, not matching PKGPATH.

This seems like an upstream misfeature, but maybe this is normal in
Python.

I am guessing I should change PKGPATH to devel/py-collections (by "cvs
mv" :-).  But I thought I should ask the python experts first.