Re: security/ca-certificates

On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 01:09:21PM +0000, nia wrote:
 > The problem is the packages where installation has side-effects -
 > we don't know how they might clobber things.

The core reason for mozilla-rootcerts-openssl is that openssl has a
crippled configuration system such that you can't just stick a line in
its config to add the certificates installed by pkgsrc; they have to
be copied into /etc.

Persuading openssl upstream to fix this problem is really the best way
forward.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost