Re: Discussion about pkgsrc dependencies and default build options

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 07:13:17AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > It is possible to add builtin support to lua to have it use base lua if
 > it's good enough.  I think it's just that nobody has done that yet.

There was a decision some time back to explicitly not do that. The
primary motivator, AFAICR, was that installing extension modules from
pkgsrc makes a huge mess. That and it's so small it doesn't really
matter.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost