Re: SMTP AUTH not working with recent sendmail

On Tue, 10 May 2022, John Klos wrote:
I moaned about this here:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2022/04/21/msg028435.html

It's interesting that in all of my adventures, neither DuckDuckGo nor Google ever showed me your messages, in spite of how clear your subject is.

Well, they didn't show me the FreeBSD bug report either, so I guess we both suck at search :-)

I found that downgrading to cyrus-sasl 2.1.27 from 2.1.28 fixed it for me, but I guess the root cause is that 2.1.28 tickles the sendmail bug whereas 2.1.27 does not.

I say get it committed and get pullups requested as currently pkgsrc 2022Q1 does not have working SMTP AUTH.

sasl.patch attached patches patch-bo (also attached in its entirety) as well as bumping the PKGREVISION.

Tested working.

I can commit and file pullupsif you want.

Awesome. Thank you!

Done and done.

--
Stephen