Re: math/lapack and MAKE_JOBS

On 3/10/22 14:43, Brook Milligan wrote:
Is the math/lapack package generally safe to be built in parallel?  On MacOS, I am having trouble and need MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no, because when built in parallel some files seem not yet built when another rule tries to do something with them.  I’m wondering if this is a platform-specific problem or a more general one.

Cheers,
Brook

How many cores/threads does your Mac have? Not likely to be OS-specific, but machines with a low core-count may work reliably because the build can't get too far ahead of itself. I've seen builds that work fine on a 4-core system and fail on 16.