Re: infrastructure change needed for python modules

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 11:37 AM Thomas Klausner <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> I've noticed for some time that `setup.py test` were already broken
> quite often, but it seems to me that 'setup.py build' and 'setup.py
> install' should not be used any longer either. (They still work and
> will probably keep working for some possibly quite long time.)

As a data point: I recently packaged a couple Python modules, and they
came with non-working setup.py files that had to be patched. The top
of setup.py effectively says that this is just a compatibility shim
for people who have not switched to the new hotness in Python
packaging.

--
Benny