Re: Issue with python27 & mailman

On Wed, 2021-10-27 at 21:23 +0200, Adam wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I haven't created a PR because I don't yet have enough information.
> > I'm still running lists using mailman which still uses python27.
> >
> > I updated mailman today to mailman-2.1.35 because of the fixed CVEs.
> > Everything with email seems to work, but I tried the web interface
> > and saw it didn't work.
> >
> > I then switched back to mailman-2.1.34 and I still see the same
> > issue, which makes me wonder if the issue is related to the recent
> > python27 updates. I don't use the web interface often, so I can't
> > say whether it has worked since the python27 update.
> >
> > Would someone who knows python be able to point me in the right
> > direction here? No idea what "_QS_SEPARATOR_CONFIG_FILENAME" is, nor
> > where it would be defined, nor can I find it.
> >
> > List server name has been genericized below.
> >
> > Is this related to i18n issues?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John Klos
>
> Quickly looking at the problem, it turns out that
> lang/python27/patches/patch-Lib_urlparse.py introduces
> _QS_SEPARATOR_CONFIG_FILENAME which suppose to read a config file
> located at /etc/python/urllib.cfg. That seems terribly wrong since
> PkgSrc does not provide such a file. The patch seems to be copied
> verbatim from Fedora. My guess is, Fedora packages Python 2.7
> differently.
>
> David, you imported the patch. Can you elaborate, please?

This should be fixed now in pkgsrc -current, as python27-2.7.18nb5.
John, if you're able to test it resolves your issue, please let me know
your findings. (I don't see why it wouldn't work now with nb5, but I
don't use mailman.) Sorry about this mistake.

Technically, the issue was that _QS_SEPARATOR_CONFIG_FILENAME wasn't
defined at all, as I'd noticed the hard-coded '/etc', and had commented
it out, intending to adjust it further later. But I forgot to actually
do so before I committed the full change set.

Regards,

Dave