Re: cmake radical proposal

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> For a project I maintain using cmake, I have the following in my CMakeLists.txt:
>
> if(NOT CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME MATCHES Linux)
>   set(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/${CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR})
>   set(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH TRUE)
> endif()
>
> The if() clause could probably be improved, but it does not break on
> at least Linux, macOS, NetBSD, and Windows.

That is a useful workaround, but

  It's not really about Linux vs !Linux, as pkgsrc on linux needs RPATH.

  I don't know if CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH is right because if
  a package uses ../../lib/foo.so it would seem to add that path.

  I can see individual projects adding this, but we need pkgsrc to cope
  with the cmake things that are out there.  (idea to follow)