Re: Dealing with .git

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 06:00:05PM +0000, John Klos wrote:
[...]
> Interestingly, there weren't any updates between the version of curl that
> was installed and what's currently in pkgsrc. However, pkg_deleting curl,
> then retrying the build of rust succeeded without curl being reinstalled.
>
> Any ideas why that might happen?

No idea; the rust build process in general seems kinda touchy (and
amazingly slow unless you run things with quite a few concurrent
make jobs). In general, I've tried to stay away from it. :)

However, https://docs.rs/curl/0.4.38/curl/ says "Currently this
crate will build libcurl from source if one is not already detected
on the system." which probably has something to do with it (which
I suppose raises questions about what exactly options.mk is doing
or not; I wonder if nia has any input.)