Re: samba4

On 25/05/21 3:29 pm, Mark Davies wrote:
On NetBSD 9.2_STABLE (amd64) using samba-4.13.7 I can happily export an smb share to Windows 10 and everything works happily but if I upgrade to 4.14.2 (or 4.14.4) and try to edit an EXISTING file (eg a text file with notepad) then when I go to save the file I get a "File exists" dialog box and it fails.

Anybody else seeing this?

Digging in to this some more, it looks like in source3/smbd/open.c open_file now returns NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_COLLISION for this situation when previously it didn't. And specifically where it used to call fd_open_atomic() to open the file and get the status its now calling reopen_from_fsp() which then calls reopen_from_procfd() which returns the status.

Haven't got my head around what its actually trying to do yet.

cheers
mark