Re: mozjs78 is required by polkit and forces clang/llvm

21 May 2021, 08:03:40, by "Martin Husemann" <martin%duskware.de@localhost>:

>  - anything requiring polkit on netbsd-current will force a local build
>    of clang/llvm from pkgsrc
>  - this takes several days (!!) on the only aarch64 box I can use

> what can we do practically to improve the situation?

Wu Xiaotian is working on uncoupling polkit from SpiderMonkey in favor of
the much smaller Duktape JS engine. The patch is under 2 KLOC, it'd be
great if people from the pkgsrc community reviewed it and considered
following its development.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/polkit/polkit/-/merge_requests/35