Re: mozjs78 is required by polkit and forces clang/llvm

Am Fri, 21 May 2021 10:09:13 +0200
schrieb Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>:

> PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS += -polkit

I cannot confirm that with current CVS at least.

$ grep DEFAULT_OPT /data/pkg/etc/mk.conf
PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS += -polkit
pkgsrc/x11/xfce4-session$ bmake show-buildlink3|grep polkit
[nothing]
$ grep DEFAULT_OPT /data/pkg/etc/mk.conf
#PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS += -polkit
pkgsrc/x11/xfce4-session$ bmake show-buildlink3|grep polkit
mate-polkit
    polkit

And besides that … yes … I just now realize the situation with polkit
and mozjs. I stayed clear of any *kit in my custom Linux installs, and
even of sudo in our big HPC system. Using a JavaScript engine for a
security framework at the bottom of the stack is ridiculous. I did not
even imaging.

For what it's worth, the Ubunut 20.04 desktop has this:

libpolkit-agent-1-0/focal,now 0.105-26ubuntu1 amd64 [instalado]
  PolicyKit Authentication Agent API

See:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1287924/whats-going-on-with-policykit

They thought long before actually moving to a polkit version that needs
JS …

What about adopting that one? Duktape seems like a more reasonable
choice as JS parser, if you accept the premie of JS as a configuration
language.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/polkit/polkit/-/merge_requests/35

I must admit that I will continue to stay clear of this whole mess as
good as I can. Mind-boggling.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--