Re: 2 Patches to security/krb5/builtin.mk

Am Wed, 12 May 2021 13:33:50 -0400
schrieb Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost>:

> I wonder how long krb5-config has been around.
>
> 99.9% you know this already, but keep in mind that heimdal ships
> krb5-config too (and of course this has to not match heimdal).

Yes, both ship krb5-config. Hence I posted this:

$ /data/pkg/bin/krb5-config --version
heimdal 1.5.3
$ /usr/bin/krb5-config --version
Kerberos 5 release 1.17

So one could try to tell them apart by the output. But then, I'll let
this lay here for someone in the future … who has more
interest+experience in dealing with Kerberos …

> > But if we are going for minimal changes, at least any non-ancient linux
> > will have mit-krb5 version 1.5+ and so my patch works in practice and
> > is an improvement. But it doesn't feel entirely correct.
>
> Agreed.

… and will just apply the part about krb5/krb5.h on Linux, which works
on anything since 2015 at least.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--